Re: [Xen-users] Xen vs VMWare comparison paper

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 12:11:23 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 23 May 2012 17:12:47 +0000

I'm guessing that the benchmarks were run without any optimized drivers for
Windows under Xen.  That would be the only way to explain the dismal
performance.  Windows is known to perform poorly under Xen if you simply
install Windows and don't install optimized drives.  In all fairness,
Windows performs poorly on native hardware if you don't install optimized
drivers, so testers should expect to have to install optimized drivers when
testing Windows regardless of the environment.  I have emailed them about
this, and I will post anything I hear back from them.