Re: [Xen-users] Via Nano X2 Support?

On May 22, 2012, at 4:10 AM, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 3:00 AM, Sam Mulvey <sam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi!

Recently got a Via VE-900 board from Fry's.   It has a via nano x2 chip on it, and suggests that it has Intel-compatible virtualization extensions.   Has anyone worked with this board yet?   I thought it would be nice to have a lower-powered, nearly silent Xen machine sitting on my desk.

I tried booting into Xen, but it said it didn't recognize the processor.

What happens when you use other virtualization solutions? e.g. kvm or
virtualbox, can they recognize and use the extension?

As it happens, a couple days ago I tried KVM since I knew it required processor extensions to run, and I managed to get a Linux livecd to boot to console.

I set aside tonight to play with it.  I'll be posting the dmesg to Xen-devel in a bit.

-Sam