Re: [Xen-users] Via Nano X2 Support?

On Sat, 2012-05-19 at 21:00 +0100, Sam Mulvey wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Recently got a Via VE-900 board from Fry's.   It has a via nano x2
> chip on it, and suggests that it has Intel-compatible virtualization
> extensions.   Has anyone worked with this board yet?
>    I thought it would be nice to have a lower-powered, nearly silent
> Xen machine sitting on my desk.
>
> I tried booting into Xen, but it said it didn't recognize the
> processor.  I can post the full dmesg.

It might be useful to post the logs to xen-devel, in case it's something
simple...

I'm not sure I've heard of anyone using the Via implementation of
Intel's virt extensions. I expect that there will necessarily be some
amount of heavy lifting required by someone who is interested in this
platform.

Ian.