Re: [Xen-users] xeo support

On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 20:35 +0100, Zary Matej wrote:
> >I have a number of clients looking to replace VMware with Xen. Their
> main concern is what level of support can they expect to receive.
> Could you give a summary of the levels of support that are available?

This list offers support in the standard OSS sense, that is community
lead non-commercial support. If you want something more then you will
need to investigate one of the commercial options which Zary has listed,
I added a few more below too.

[...]

> Hi there, AFAIK, commercial support for Xen based products ("ESX/ESXi
> replacements") is availabe from Citrix (Citrix XenServer) or from
> Oracle (Oracle VM  - Oracle bought other Xen companies with their Xen
> products like Virtual Iron and Sun xVM). Another option is commercial
> linux distro with Xen and support from Red Hat (only RHEL 5.x) or from
> Novell (SLES).
>
> For Citrix XenServer you might wan to check out
> http://www.citrix.com/lang/English/lp/lp_2317286.asp and
> http://www.citrix.com/English/ps2/products/subfeature.asp?contentID=2300456
> Oracle VM product page -
> http://www.oracle.com/us/technologies/virtualization/oraclevm/index.html and
> shop with products -
> https://shop.oracle.com/pls/ostore/f?p=700:2:0::::PROD_HIER_ID:4510278280861805728469

There is a list of commercial Xen products at:
http://xen.org/community/vendors/XenProductsPage.html

There is also a link to consultants under:
http://xen.org/community/projects.html

There is also a bunch of distros listed at
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Category:Host_Install , although not all of
them offer commercial support.