Re: [Xen-users] gaming on multiple OS of the same machine?

Hi Andrew,

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Andrew Bobulsky <rulerof@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
With that in mind, I'm going to suggest below a
modified (from my setup) AMD-based build containing a board/CPU that I
have tested and can confirm works with PCIe passthrough on Xen.... but
not with 4 video cards.

Not tested with 4 video cards, or not working with 4 video cards? If not working, what exactly makes it fail? From the pic I would deduce that you are doing a full 4-machine setup...

I *would* suggest the board that I currently use (the MSI
890FXA-GD70), it required a BIOS downgrade for me to get IOMMU to
work... which would probably break compatibility with the CPU I'm
going to suggest.  Perhaps that's been fixed in the year since I
discovered the problem, but I have no idea :P

That's a pity... what CPU have you put in it to make it work then?

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 (
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128508 )

This is not the same one as the 890FXA-GD70 you suggested earlier. Is there a reason to prefer either one? And is this one compatible with said CPU without BIOS upgrade?

I'm not too sure if I missed anything... it's taken a while to write
this, but I'm hoping it's pretty comprehensive!

It's wonderful. You're an angel! :)

Best regards,
Peter