Re: [Xen-users] Block IO Questions

Thanks for looking into that for us, I may have to give that a try too.

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 6:10 AM, <G.Bakalarski@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
> Thanks for the tip, perhaps I give it a try at the weekend.
>
> I tried a vanilla 3.2.16+ from git with the debian kernel .config. That
> didn't change anything.

But the .config settings were the clue in our case.

When we recompiled debian's wheezy kernel source with .config from
SLES 11 SP2 or Alpine Linux (recent xen'ed kernel) the block
IO issue disappeared. We investigated further and it seems that
NUMA options OFF do the trick (Xen + NUMA problem???) but we did not
debug in details ...

Good luck

GB