[Xen-users] HVM performance issues

Hi all,

I'm trying to troubleshoot some performance issues I'm getting with
HVM under Xen 4.1.2 (FC16 packages) - I'm seeing these issues in
Windows and Ubuntu.  Disk IO is slow (15 MB/sec) when using the
"normal way" of disk = ['phy:whatever'].  I understand by googling
that the conventional way to resolve this is to export a pvscsi device
to the domU, though I'm guessing I'd need PV drivers in the HVM domU
first?  Further, on Windows I'm thinking that might create a problem
if I up and "move" the system disk from the conventional qemu IDE
controller to SCSI.  If anyone has any comments or experience with
this, I'd love to hear them.  Also with regard to network performance,
that too is very slow using the traditional vif = [ 'type=iommu']
method.  I've read that PV drivers are the best way to get "normal"
network throughput comparable to what you'd see on the dom0.  Is that
correct, or is there some other driver that's better than qemu/iommu?

Thanks in advance.

-Ray