Re: [Xen-users] VGA Passthrough of Radeon 6990? Crossfire in general?

I wish you luck and do share your results.

As for CCC, I needed it to fix an under-scan issue, but my success has been random.  I haven't been able to identify a reproducible series of steps that lead to success.

I have had more luck with 12.2 than 12.3, and my process is usually to install the drivers only first, then reboot twice before re-running the installer, and on the second reboot use express or custom with all options.

The last time I tried it took 17 attempts to reach an acceptable state, the good news is the system functions pretty solid once you are able to get the installation working properly.  I was able to run games for several hours, no problems with the system once the drivers are successfully installed.

Here is a list of specific bugs I have encountered:

BSOD During Installation (Usually if I don't un-check the other utilities).

BSOD on Reboot (Even if the installation succeeds, this happens occasionally, but it has occurred with just the driver as well as when I install everything).

Install is successful, but running graphically intense applications displays a significant degradation in performance (WEI Score for my card is 7.8, if this bug occurs it drops to 6.0, FPS in games go from 50~ to 6~).

Install is successful, games perform well, but there are artifacts during general use as well as when running graphically intense applications (for example the lower half of my screen flickers and freezes sometimes).

If any of the above is encountered you can consider your installation flawed and retry by uninstalling, this may require a safe mode boot with VNC to uninstall the driver, then a reboot to normal since the Catalyst Installation Manager can't run uninstall in safe mode, then a third reboot to rerun the installation.