Re: [Xen-users] [Xen-devel] Cannot Start Linux Paravirtualized (PV) Guests with Xen 4.2-unstable

On 20/03/2012 22:55, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 14:42 +0000, Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) wrote:

I want to make 2 points.
[snip]

Once again you have not answered my direct questions nor provided the
information I asked for about this bug.

If you do not start answering my requests for information directly with
answers to the actual questions which I ask then I am going to stop
responding to you altogether.

1) Linux PV guests cannot start in Xen 4.2-unstable with XL. Linux PV
guests can only successfully start in Xen 4.1.3-rc1-pre.
Obviously it is not failing for me (or indeed others) so I need you to
explain, clearly & precisely, what you are actual seeing. "Linux PV
guests cannot start in Xen 4.2-unstable with XL" is not sufficient
information for me to go on and is not going to result in this bug
getting fixed.

I recommend you read http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Reporting_Bugs_against_Xen
and in particular the document "How to report bugs effectively" which is
linked to from that page.

So, for the last time: Please describe exactly how things fail on
xen-unstable for you and provide the command output and logs which I
requested. I mean the command output and logs which demonstrates the bug
with PV guests failing to start on 4.2-unstable and not some other bug.

At this point in time I am not interested in the output of any other
command or any information/logs relating to another bug.

2) The performance of Fedora 16 x86-64 PV guest in Xen 4.1.3-rc1-pre
is really very poor and sluggish. Do you want to watch a video of it?
Lets deal with one thing at a time. i.e. lets concentrate on the PV
guests not working on 4.2-unstable first. You are simply confusing
matters and reducing the chances of either bug getting fixed by
conflating the two problems.

Ian.

Dear Ian,

I think you should watch my Youtube video which I have just uploaded.

Title: Bug: Fedora 16 PV domU cannot start in Xen 4.2-unstable Changeset 25099 with xl
Youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgHMpG9ayQQ&hd=1

My Youtube video provides ALL of the information you have requested, ie. Xen 4.2-unstable changeset 25099, Fedora 16 x86-64 PV domU configuration file, ps -ef | grep qemu, sudo xl list, and error logs, all in one video. The video clip is ONLY 3 minutes, so please take your time to watch it.

This video clip saves me the hassle of describing the bug in words.

Thank you very much.

Yours sincerely,

Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)