[Xen-users] Installing xen without rebooting host OS

Folks,
   I was reading up and xen installation document. I see that the grub has to be modified and the system rebooted to start up Xen i.e the host OS should be Xen aware.

Is there any way to have Xen started up from an already running system ? I assume not given Xen's architecture and goals, but wanted to check since I am new here.

Thanks