Re: [Xen-devel] Is that possible to merge MBA into Xen 4.10?

>>> On 24.10.17 at 14:14, <lars.kurth.xen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> a) Sticking to the rules
> I think in some cases where a few days have been missed, we should have
> enough flexibility to bend the rules.
> In fact, if say a crucial part of PVHv2 missed the deadline by a few days,
> we would probably bend the rules.

For a crucial series, I might agree. But allowing " a few days" to me
then puts under question what the deadline is for.

> Of course whether something is a "niche" feature is in view of the beholder.

Sure.

> c) PR Perspective
> I am somewhat concerned that we do not have a lot of stuff for good media
> coverage for Xen 4.10
>
> This is a relatively small release: from what I can see we have
> approximately only around 235 patch series (4.9 had 481, 4.8 had 575)
> Admittedly the number of patches in 4.10 is quite high: approx 1707 patches
> (with 1549 in 4.9 and 1245 in 4.8)
> A lot of it seems to be groundwork for 4.11 (or even 4.12)
>
> Besides PVHv2, we don't have a lot of big marketable new stuff which would
> enable us to get press quotes.
> Admittedly, I have not put a list of marketable features together yet.
> A feature such as MBA, would help from a PR perspective.

I'm sorry, but this is a non-argument to me. Most everyone besides
me wanted shorter release cycles. Possibly having fewer PR relevant
features is a direct result of that.

Jan