Re: [Xen-devel] Is that possible to merge MBA into Xen 4.10?

On Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 10:10:14AM +0800, Yi Sun wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> As you may know, MBA patch set has got enough Reviewed-by/Acked-by in last
> week.
> It is ready to be merged.
>
> This is a feature for Skylake, Intel has launched Skylake and KVM already
> supported MBA, so including it in Xen 4.10 will quickly fill this gap.
>
> MBA missed the 4.10 feature freeze date for only a few days due to lack of
> timely review for earlier versions which slowed down the patch iteration
> notably.
> It seems maintainers are very busy recently so that the review progress for
> 4.10
> is slower than before. So I am wondering if it is possible to merge it into
> 4.10?
>
> This patch set mainly touches codes related to PSR in
> tools/domctl/sysctl/hypervisor.
> It does not touch other features. So, the risk is low to merge it.

I agree that the risk is low, code is limited to PSR related bits, and
IIRC doesn't touch common code.

The main risk here would be breaking other Intel PSR features already
committed, but I guess Intel has made sure this new feature doesn't
break existing functionality.

Roger.