Re: [Xen-devel] Is that possible to merge MBA into Xen 4.10?

>>> On 24.10.17 at 04:10, <yi.y.sun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As you may know, MBA patch set has got enough Reviewed-by/Acked-by in last
> week.
> It is ready to be merged.
>
> This is a feature for Skylake, Intel has launched Skylake and KVM already
> supported MBA, so including it in Xen 4.10 will quickly fill this gap.
>
> MBA missed the 4.10 feature freeze date for only a few days due to lack of
> timely review for earlier versions which slowed down the patch iteration
> notably.
> It seems maintainers are very busy recently so that the review progress for
> 4.10
> is slower than before. So I am wondering if it is possible to merge it into
> 4.10?
>
> This patch set mainly touches codes related to PSR in
> tools/domctl/sysctl/hypervisor.
> It does not touch other features. So, the risk is low to merge it.

While I agree the risk is low, I think we should not start making
exceptions from the "no freeze exceptions" rule. Even less so
for a secondary (or should I pull out my favorite "niche" again?)
feature like this one. But in the end it's Julien's call., of course.

Jan