Re: [Xen-devel] What is provided with the Xen Tools and why do I need them?

On Tue, Jul 04, 2017 at 09:34:17AM -0700, Nick Garnett wrote:
> Is "xl" the application that is installed following the "Xen ARM with
> Virtualization Extensions/CrossCompiling" page, "Build arm64 tools" section?

I suppose so.

> I was able to install the "xen-tools" package with no issues, following the
> "xen-tools – a straightforward VM provisioning/installation tool" page
> ("https://blog.xenproject.org/2012/08/31/xen-tools-a-straightforward-vm-prov
> isioninginstallation-tool/").
>
> Does that package provide the only "Xen Tools" that are necessary?

No. "xen-tools" (note the hyphen) is a third-party project to help you
provision VMs.

"Xen tools" should be read as "the userspace tools component of Xen
hypervsior project", which is part of the xen source code.

The confusion is a bit unfortunate.