Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.7 Headline Features (for PR)

Hi Lars,

On 22/04/16 15:19, Lars Kurth wrote:

On 22 Apr 2016, at 14:39, Wei Liu <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 02:26:39PM +0100, Lars Kurth wrote:
Folks,

given that we have we are getting close to RC's, I would like to start to spec
out the headline Features for the press release. The big items I am aware of
are COLO. I am a little confused about xSplice.

Maybe we can use this thread to start collating a short-list.

Typically we have 3-5 Headline Features in a press release.

xSplice is definitively the first one on my list. I'm actually holding
off cutting RC1 waiting for it to be merged.

This would definitely be the #1 Headline feature then. It's the single most
important thing we have done in a while and it has the potential to positive

COLO is also a candidate, but there are many components that are not yet
upstream. Those are not necessarily part of xen.

Alright, we may need to be careful as to not raise wrong expectations, if there
are missing pieces say in QEMU. On the other hand, having this in place before
KVM is also nice.

ACPI support on ARM is also a possible candidate.

Note that this feature is considered as a tech preview and not enabled by default in Xen (you need to add XEN_CONFIG_EXPERT=y on the command line).

Other headline features:
  * Wallclock support
  * Support of PSCI 1.0 for the host
  * Drop the support for HIP04 platform