Re: [Xen-devel] Ongoing issue with libvirt-xen driver for Openstack Nova

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 01:05:44PM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Thu, 2015-04-16 at 06:46 -0400, Boris Derzhavets wrote:
>
> > > Was this just the tail of the log or the complete thing?
> >

> > No it was in the middle . I am attaching xen-hotplug.log.gz
>
> Thanks, I think this shows that as expected our hotplug scripts have not
> been responsible for bringing vif1.0 up before renaming, so something
> else must be doing it.
>
> If not some openstack component perhaps something like network-manager?
> Or some other udev rules perhaps?

It is likely to be something done in Neutron. You can always try to read
the logs of the different services (q-svc q-agt q-dhcp q-l3 q-meta) to
check what is happening to the network interface (vif1.0). There also could
be something wrong with Nova that will not set network properly in this
case. Or some other compatibility issue...

In anycase, the combo openstack-libvirt-xen works better with the default
set of services runned by devstack (as long as they don't switch yet to
Neutron).

I will try to setup devstack with your local.conf to reproduce the issue.

--
Anthony PERARD