Re: [Xen-devel] Ongoing issue with libvirt-xen driver for Openstack Nova

On Fri, Apr 03, 2015 at 01:57:16PM -0400, Boris Derzhavets wrote:
> Could you, please, point to the most  recent commit in
>
> https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/nova/
>
> for which procedure described in
>
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/OpenStack_via_DevStack
>
> provide an ability to launch nova instances via  horizion or nova CLI.
>
> I am aware of bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1425115
>
> and tried to revert commit
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/nova/commit/?id=0696a5cd5f0fdc08951a074961bb8ce0c3310086
> right after stack.sh cloned /opt/stack/nova and was able successfully
> complete devstack install with nova-compute daemon up and running.
> However, finally attempting to launch Cirros instance I've got following
> errors in /var/log/libvirt/libxl/instance-00000003.log :-
>
> libxl: error: libxl_exec.c:118:libxl_report_child_exitstatus:
> /etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge online [-1] exited with error status 1
> libxl: error: libxl_device.c:1085:device_hotplug_child_death_cb: script: ip
> link set vif1.0 name tap7f39f4aa-d1 failed
> libxl: debug: libxl_event.c:618:libxl__ev_xswatch_deregister: watch
> w=0x7f9e67ee53c0: deregister unregistered
> libxl: error: libxl_create.c:1226:domcreate_attach_vtpms: unable to add nic
> devices
>
> Another approach to test driver described in details in bug
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nova/+bug/1439645
>
> resulted absolutely same errors errors in same log file.

Hi Boris,

from the look at the bug 1439645, it looks like your are using Neutron for
the network and this probably were things goes wrong. I think there is a
compatibility issue between Neutron and the script
/etc/xen/scripts/vif-bridge from the XenProject.

Can you look into /var/log/xen/xen-hotplug.log ? There is maybe an error
message that would tell why "ip link set ..." failed.

--
Anthony PERARD