Re: [Xen-devel] Ongoing issue with libvirt-xen driver for Openstack Nova

On Thu, 2015-04-16 at 06:26 -0400, Boris Derzhavets wrote:

_Please stop top posting_.

http://www.idallen.com/topposting.html

> Done

Was this just the tail of the log or the complete thing?

> RTNETLINK answers: Device or resource busy
> ++ fatal ip link set vif1.0 name 'tapc32a6b48-25 failed'
> ++ _xenstore_write backend/vif/1/0/hotplug-error 'ip link set vif1.0 name
> tapc32a6b48-25 failed' backend/vif/1/0/hotplug-status error
> ++ log debug 'Writing backend/vif/1/0/hotplug-error' 'ip link set vif1.0 name
> tapc32a6b48-25 failed' backend/vif/1/0/hotplug-status 'error to xenstore.'

So for some reason the hotplug script has been unable to rename the
interface, apparently because it is busy.

Based on some local experiments it seems that busy might be because the
interface has already been brought up. vif-bridge is changing the name
before bringing up the interface, perhaps something else in your system
(some bit of openstack perhaps) is also trying to manage this device and
has configured it?

I'm out of my depth wrt the openstack side of things now I'm afraid.