Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Tweaking the release process for Xen 4.6

Wei,

thanks for clarifying. I don't think you answered all the practical
implications of your proposal though.
A) Do we start making RC's straight after the Feature Freeze?
B) Will there still be exceptions? I am assuming yes
C) Do you expect a gradual decrease of what bug fixes are allowed after
the Feature Freeze?

If the answer is yes to A), we would have more RC's and more test days.
That means slightly more overhead but also - if we get good community
engagement - better quality.

If the answer is yes to C), the Release Manager would in essence have more
flexibility, but also has to make more decisions. The same applies to B).

I am not convinced that the hard freeze really would go away. It would
merely not be as cleanly identifiable and we would gradually move from
soft to hard freeze.

If the answer was NO to any of the questions above, I think you would need
to elaborate what the alternatives are.

Cheers
Lars