Re: [Xen-devel] Xen's Linux kernel config options V2

On Wed, 2015-02-04 at 14:57 +0000, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Feb 2015, David Vrabel wrote:
> > On 16/12/14 16:21, Juergen Gross wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > This is a design proposal for a rework of the config options on the
> > > Linux kernel which are related to Xen.
> > >
> > > The need to do so arose from the fact that it is currently not
> > > possible to build the Xen frontend drivers for a non-pvops kernel,
> > > e.g. to run them in a HVM-domain. There are more drawbacks in the
> > > current config options to which I'll come later.
> > >
> > > Option                          Selects                 Depends
> > > XEN
> > >   XEN_PV(x86)                   XEN_HAVE_PVMMU
> > >                                 PARAVIRT
> > >                                 PARAVIRT_CLOCK
> > >   XEN_PVH(x86)                  XEN_PVHVM
> > >                                 PARAVIRT
> > >                                 PARAVIRT_CLOCK
> > >   XEN_PVHVM                     PARAVIRT
> > >                                 PARAVIRT_CLOCK
>
> PARAVIRT_CLOCK and PARAVIRT are x86 specific.

Does PARAVIRT_CLOCK include the pvclock_read_wallclock stuff? Eventually
we are going to want that functionality on ARM too, although it's not
clear to me that bundling pv-wallclock and pv-cyclecounter in
arch/x86/kernel/pvclock.c under the same config option is most correct.