Re: [Xen-devel] (v2) Design proposal for RMRR fix

yes, I should add this note when describing that option. Just want to
put what's discussed before in the table.

> > another option is to place the information in xenstore which is more
> > flexible. However domain builder doesn't use xenstore right now (suppose
> > extending use xenstore is not complex?)
> >
> > or any other thought to be evaluated?
>
> What's wrong with attaching them to the domain with a domctl, and
> having a suitable "normal" hypercall (along the lines of
> XENMEM_reserved_device_memory_map, just that this one would
> need to be domain specific) for the domain (including hvmloader) to
> retrieve it?

definitely it's not wrong. I meant to include this option but looks it got
missed when sending the mail. Using hypercall is similarly to use xenstore
(just matter where to centrally save the information). Originally I thought
people may think user space option is more flexible. But now since
using xenstore has dependency problem, let's go with this hypercall option.

so in a summary two new hypercalls will be added: one general to allow
libxl query per-device RMRR, and then the other domain specific to allow
libxl specifying reserved regions.

Thanks
Kevin