Re: [Xen-devel] Keeping PCI devices in low power states while bound to pciback module

>>> A device could be put i D3 state (if all other functions are owned by
>>> pciback) when we transfer ownership to pciback. The patches I tried (links
>>> sent by Konrad) toggled the power states. Is there a reason for not keeping
>>> the power state set to D3 and bringing it back to D0 immediately before
>>> assigning the function to a domU?
>
> Please also keep in consideration the situation where the device is unbound
> from
> pciback in dom0 (to be bound to a driver/module in dom0).

Not sure what you mean here - when a (real) driver attaches to a
device, it shouldn't make assumptions on its power state anyway;
I would assume the core PCI subsystem to take care of powering
up devices in that process.

Jan