Re: [Xen-devel] Driver domain on ARM questions

On Wed, 15 Oct 2014, Andrii Tseglytskyi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone clarify the following questions:
>
> - is any special support required in Xen code to implement driver
> domain on ARM ?

Not particularly, but you need to be able to assign the device to the
driver domain so the device needs to be behind an SMMU.

> - is it possible to have one to one memory mapping in dom0 and driver
> domain simultaneously ?

We would want to avoid the 1:1 mapping in driver domains, so this is why
we need the device to be behind an SMMU.

> - if answer to previous one is NO, how can I make DMA working in driver
> domain ?

The best and more performant option is to use an SMMU.
Otherwise you can:

- use XENMEM_exchange to make a guest buffer contiguous in machine
memory space and bounce all the dma requests on the buffer using
swiotlb-xen. It is not going to have great performances but it should
work well.

- use the 1:1 hack in the driver domain