Re: [Xen-devel] Blocking CR and MSR writes via mem_access?

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 2:40 PM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> On 07.10.14 at 14:30, <tamas.lengyel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> IMHO that entire struct is in dire need of a cleanup. It is really hacky to
> have fields like gla and gfn transfer values that mean different things
> under different event type that don't have anything to do with gla/gfn.
> It's sort of just a legacy struct from the time when we only had EPT events
> and everything else just got hacked on top. I would be in favor of having
> the struct as a union of substructs that nicely define all the values that
> are transferred in the given context, with meaningful struct member names.

And the whole thing isn't just "mem-event" anymore either ...

Jan

And that as well =) The whole mem_access and mem_event distinction is also pretty blurry. Might worth coming up with a better name while also combining the two into something more consistent.. xen-events perhaps?

Tamas