Re: [Xen-devel] [Xen VGA Passthrough] Cannot Complete All 3dmark Tests in Windows 8 HVM domU

  • To: Gordan Bobic <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Zytaruk, Kelly" <Kelly.Zytaruk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 22:50:30 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 22:50:56 +0000

Hi Gordan,

Your request comes at a very opportune time.  I have just started looking into
asic reset and FLR support.
I found your thread at
http://xen.1045712.n5.nabble.com/Re-VGA-passthrough-with-Xen-4-3-and-xl-toolstack-performance-degradation-resolved-td5721581.html

I notice that there is mention of two patches; one for PCI bus reset and one
for secondary passthru.  I have seen a couple very old patches for primary
passthru but I haven't looked at these two yet.  If you could forward me a link
to these patches I can quickly take a look and see whether it makes more sense
to put a fix into QEMU or into the graphics driver.

Thanks,
Kelly