Re: [Xen-devel] [ARM:PATCH v1 1/1] Add Odroid-XU (Exynos5410) support

On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 2:26 PM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 26/07/14 22:24, Julien Grall wrote:
>>

>> On 26/07/14 21:26, Suriyan Ramasami wrote:

>>> Is this for domU?
>>> For dom0, I do not have a working kernel for upstream for the XU. I
>>> did try 3.16 samsung-next as well as mainline linux and the dts needs
>>> to be worked upon (or so I think)
>>

>> I was talking about domU.
>>
>>> Using upstream for domU exhibits the same behavior.
>>>
>>> One out of roughly 10 creates succeeds (I can get console output).
>>> In the cases that succeed, I do see that do_psci_cpu_on() gets called.
>>> In the cases that domU does not boot up, the call to do_psci_cpu_on()
>>> does not happen.
>>

>> Reading back one of your previous mail:
>>
>> "I have noticed that there is no ARM port of XEN having more than 2
>> CPUs. Is that correct? I am mentioning this, cause with the XU, though
>> I can bring up all 4 processors in XEN and in dom0, domU fails to make
>> much boot progress when it is xl created. I am able to boot domU, if I
>> restrict the dtb for dom0 to 2 CPUs."
>>
>> By "I restrict the dtb for dom0 to 2 CPUs", did you mean removing some
>> CPUs in the device tree or using dom0_max_vcpus=2 on Xen command line?

I remove CPUs from the device tree.

> I forgot a question. Does a guest with 1 VCPU is working fine? I can't fine
> any clue on your mails.

This will summarize it:
Case I: dom0 device tree has only CPU0 (CPU1, 2, 3 are commented out)
domU: vcpu = 1
domU boots all the time. No Issues.

Case 2: dom0 device tree has only CPU0 and CPU1 (CPU2, 3 are commented out)
domU: vcpu =1
domU boots sometimes.

>> I was wondering if dom0 is touching the physical CPUs by mistake (mainly
>> because we map some regions used to control them).
>> It might be worse to check that no cpufreq or power management is called
>> on DOM0 at any time.

I shall dig into this some more.
Thanks!