Re: [Xen-devel] osstest, the params to pass into 'make-flight'

On Mon, 2014-06-30 at 10:52 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Hu, Robert writes ("RE: [Xen-devel] osstest, the params to pass into
> 'make-flight'"):
> > Thanks Ian. I'm trying to deploy the whole test framework of osstest. So I
> > need to understand the osstest framework's design first.
>
> It sounds like you're trying to set up an infrastructure
> installation.

Indeed.

Robert, I'm curious what you intend to use this installation for?

Obviously an installation other than the primary xenproject one won't
actually end up push gating any of the project's trees, and for that
reason we'd greatly prefer to have test contributions made to the main
osstest instance's code base so they can become part of the overall push
gates and project testing infrastructure etc where possible.

In any case I'd definitely recommend playing with things in standalone
mode to get a feel for how things fit together before moving on to
getting the infrastructure stuff setup.

>   I'm afraid that the parts for that aren't as well
> documented as the standalone mode.
>
> In particular you're missing the database schema (!)  Sorry.
> For now, here is the output of pg_dump --schema-only osstest, which
> ought to help a lot.
>
> Also, you will need a postgresql installation.  I doubt that the job
> scheduler etc. will work with sqlite3.

IME it does not, but that might be down to gaps in the functionality of
Osstest/JobDB/Standalone.pm rather than the underlying DB.