Re: [Xen-devel] Spurious "NUMA placement failed, performance might be affected" message on ARM

On 28/04/14 12:30, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-04-28 at 11:01 +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> [...]
>> total_memory           : 8184
>> free_memory            : 6933
> [...]
>> node:    memsize    memfree    distances
>>    0:      4088       3861      20
> I think we are missing some RAM here...
>
> and I have now noticed that I only see this for guests which have more
> RAM than this memfree value (+/- some slop). The guests succeed because
> there is actually RAM available.
>
> I think this is enough for me to now track down the cause on the
> hypervisor side. Thanks for your input.
>
> Ian.

Do be aware that the memsize value is "number of pages on this node"
which includes IO mappings of non-ram regions, and as a result memfree
is mostly fictitious.

I raised this as a concern with the hwloc code, but without any
subsequent discussion.

~Andrew