Re: [Xen-devel] HVM crash system on AMD APU A8-6600K

On 03/02/14 14:36, Vitaliy Tomin wrote:
>> What about without PCI passthrough?  In all cases you appear to be
> passing the embedded graphics through to an HVM domain
>
> Next log captured with following hvm domain config:
>
> name = 'blank'
> builder = 'hvm'
> memory = 1024
>
> Only 3 lines. It takes longer to crash, about 5-10 minutes, with OS in
> hvm it takes less than a minute.
>
> Now trying to make log with watchdog added

Don't bother - my suggestion of watchdog was for a hang, not a reset.

Looking further through the logs,

(XEN) APIC error on CPU1: 00(40)
(XEN) APIC error on CPU0: 00(40)
(XEN) APIC error on CPU2: 00(40)
(XEN) APIC error on CPU3: 00(40)

Show that "Received illegal vector" has been indicated on all cpus,
beside a comment in the code which states "This interrupt should never
happen with our APIC/SMP architecture"

This appears to consistently happen after updating the PCI routing
entries on the first IOAPIC.

~Andrew