Re: [Xen-devel] xen-4.3 port to illumos based platform

On Fri, 2014-01-31 at 20:48 +0400, Igor Kozhukhov wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> i try to load PV guest by:
>
> virt-install --debug --paravirt --name cos6x64 --ram 800 --network bridge
> --disk path=/dev/zvol/dsk/rpool/xen/cos01,driver=phy --location
> http://merlin.fit.vutbr.cz/mirrors/centos/6.5/os/x86_64/ --nographics
>
> could you please help me try to debug issues with PV creation:
>
> POST operation failed: xend_post: error from xen daemon: (xend.err
> "Error creating domain: (1, 'Internal error', 'panic:
> xc_dom_boot.c:197: xc_dom_boot_domU_map: failed to mmap domU pages
> 0x1000+0x1040 [mmap, errno=6 (No such device or address)]')")
>
> i want try to find what i have to check/update: Xen sources OR illumos
> sources.

The error message comes from xc_dom_boot.c which is part of Xen. A call
to xc_map_foreign_ranges has failed. This is abstracted out for
different platforms via the xenctrlosdep.h interface.

Are you using xc_solaris.c or have you created a new xc_illumos.c? It is
a pretty good bet that xc_solaris has bitrotten over the years. In
either case my gut feeling is that the issue is either in that code or
on the kernel side in the "privcmd" driver which it calls into.

BTW -- I'd strongly recommend that you switch to using the "xl"
toolstack -- xend is obsolete and deprecated so using it for a new port
is not recommended, it will obscure some of the error messages etc.

For the initial debugging phases I would also suggest to avoid higher
level tools such as libvirt (again because they can obscure some of the
lower level debugging) and to use the "xl create" interface directly. A
simple config file would be something like:
        name = "test"
        kernel = "/path/to/vmlinuz"
        extra = "console=hvc"
Where: