Re: [Xen-devel] Kernel 3.11 / 3.12 OOM killer and Xen ballooning

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 11:56:54AM -0500, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 02:45:24PM +0000, James Dingwall wrote:
> > Bob Liu wrote:
> > >Good news!

Hmmm... James, how do you build webkit-gtk? Just simple "make" or "make -j"?
Could you confirm that webkit-gtk in any "subjobs" do not use "make -j"?

> > >But I think from the beginning tmem/balloon driver can't expand guest
> > >memory from size 'memory' to 'maxmem' automatically.
> > I am carrying this patch for libxl (4.3.1) because maxmem wasn't
> > being honoured.

James, what do you mean by "maxmem wasn't being honoured"?

> Daniel,
>
> Weren't you working on a similar patch? Do you recall what happend to it?

Yep, and it was not applied because it has not been so mature. Additionally,
this patch is part of bigger puzzle. I have it on my todo list but I would
like to finish EFI stuff first. However, if you wish I could back to this
work (if it is more important then EFI right now).

Daniel