Re: [Xen-devel] Problems when using latest git tree to boot xen on OMAP5

On Oct 9, 2013, at 7:15 PM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 10/09/2013 09:11 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
>> Rather than whitelisting and mapping disabled devices through perhaps we
>> should implement them as read 0xf (or 0x0) and write ignore?
>
> We can't assume that these values (0x0 or 0xf) won't affect dom0 behaviour.
>
> What about a new quirk to map all disabled device in dom0
> (PLATFORM_QUIRK_DOM0_MAP_DISABLED_DEVICE)?

I've implemented the PLATFORM_QUIRK_DOM0_MAP_DISABLED_DEVICE quirk in my
own working tree. It seems to work very well on fixing this issue. +1
to this idea.

Then I finished new smp initialization callbacks for omap5.

However, the new xen version still has some issues to boot dom0 on OMAP5.

Right now, Dumping cpu0 guest state shows that PC stays at __loop_delay,
while cpu1 stays at cpu_relax() line of ipi_cpu_stop(), using addr2line
to translate PC to the C code location.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Baozi