Re: [Xen-devel] Problems when using latest git tree to boot xen on OMAP5

On Oct 4, 2013, at 10:11 PM, Chen Baozi <baozich@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Julien,
>
> Since Ian has merged most my OMAP5 patches, I decide to try to update my
> working tree to it today. However, it seems it doesn't work as expected.
> There mainly two kind of problems that I met:
>
> 1. It seems that xen no longer maps some of io memory regions described in
> dts. For example, the memory regions in "ocp" node of omap5.dtsi.

I looked into the codes today. It is because of checking
dt_device_is_available() before map_device(). Some node, for example
/ocp/mmc@480d1000, is disabled in omap5-uevm.dts separately from omap5.dtsi
where it is original defined. In this case, xen won't map its memory region for
dom0. However, it seems dom0 kernel still accesses those regions.

I guess there would be a bug dealing with this situations?

Cheers,

Baozi