Re: [Xen-devel] Problems when using latest git tree to boot xen on OMAP5

On Sun, 2013-10-06 at 22:21 +0800, Chen Baozi wrote:
> On Oct 4, 2013, at 10:11 PM, Chen Baozi <baozich@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hi Julien,
> >
> > Since Ian has merged most my OMAP5 patches, I decide to try to update my
> > working tree to it today. However, it seems it doesn't work as expected.
> > There mainly two kind of problems that I met:
> >
> > 1. It seems that xen no longer maps some of io memory regions described in
> > dts. For example, the memory regions in "ocp" node of omap5.dtsi.
>
> I looked into the codes today. It is because of checking
> dt_device_is_available() before map_device(). Some node, for
> example /ocp/mmc@480d1000, is disabled in omap5-uevm.dts separately
> from omap5.dtsi where it is original defined. In this case, xen won't
> map its memory region for dom0. However, it seems dom0 kernel still
> accesses those regions.

> I guess there would be a bug dealing with this situations?

It is certainly a bug in the kernel if it is accessing something which
is disabled. It may also independently be a bug in the dts that this
devices is disabled.

However in v3.12-rc4 I don't see mmc@480d1000 being disabled in
omap5-uevm.dts and I can't see anything in the history of that file
either. Where did your copy come from?

Hopefully we won't need a converse to the device blacklist, i.e. a
whitelist of disabled devices to pass through regardless of the DTS
enabled state.