Re: [Xen-devel] XEN 4.1 error Critical Interrupt - Front panel NMI

Hello Passi,

Thank you for your email, below is my answer :

- What exact Xen version are you using?
I Used xen-hypervisor-4.1-amd64 version

- What exact Linux dom0 kernel are you using?
I used ubuntu-12.04.1-desktop-amd64

- Please paste your grub settings for the Xen entry.
Here it is my grub
GRUB_DEFAULT=0
#GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT=0
GRUB_HIDDEN_TIMEOUT_QUIET=true
GRUB_TIMEOUT=10
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR=`lsb_release -i -s 2> /dev/null || echo Debian`
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi_backlight=vendor"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="rootdelay=180"

# Uncomment to enable BadRAM filtering, modify to suit your needs
# This works with Linux (no patch required) and with any kernel that obtains
# the memory map information from GRUB (GNU Mach, kernel of FreeBSD ...)
#GRUB_BADRAM="0x01234567,0xfefefefe,0x89abcdef,0xefefefef"

# Uncomment to disable graphical terminal (grub-pc only)
#GRUB_TERMINAL=console

# The resolution used on graphical terminal
# note that you can use only modes which your graphic card supports via VBE
# you can see them in real GRUB with the command `vbeinfo'
#GRUB_GFXMODE=640x480

# Uncomment if you don't want GRUB to pass "root=UUID=xxx" parameter to Linux
#GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_UUID=true
# Uncomment to disable generation of recovery mode menu entries
#GRUB_DISABLE_RECOVERY="true"

# Uncomment to get a beep at grub start
#GRUB_INIT_TUNE="480 440 1"

# Disable OS prober to prevent virtual machines on logical volumes from appearing in the boot menu.
GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=true

# Xen boot parameters for all Xen boots
#GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN=""
GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN="dom0_max_vcpus=2"
GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN="nmi=reaction"
GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN="noht"
GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN="noreboot"

# Xen boot parameters for non-recovery Xen boots (in addition to GRUB_CMDLINE_X$

GRUB_CMDLINE_XEN_DEFAULT="dom0_mem=2048M"

- Did you capture the error/crash logs from the Serial console? (SOL provided by the blade management).

I have enclosed the screen capture of the error when the XEN booting on my previous email. From the console I got message :
 (Blade12) SMI Hdlr: 00151743 HI Fatal Error, HI_FERR/NERR Value=  0020
 (Blade12) Critical Interrupt - Front panel NMI

I hope you could helped me :)

Thank You,

Agya

-- Pasi