Re: [Xen-devel] can not use all available memory

> From: Sander Eikelenboom [mailto:linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]

Hi Sander --

I could be wrong (and I am confident someone will correct me if I am) but
I think this is because the Citrix memory model assumes there is an
inference-driven policy engine for load-balancing memory across competing
virtual machines ("squeezed").  I suspect squeezed returns unallocated
xen "free" memory to dom0.

IMHO, such policy engines are good for demos and so salespeople can
say "yes, this product supports memory overcommit" but Transcendent
Memory goes quite a bit further (albeit not for guests with proprietary
OS's).

Dan