Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2.0-rc4 issues with DVB tuner

  • To: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Javier Marcet <jmarcet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 22:56:52 +0200
  • Cc: Xen Devel Mailing list <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 20:57:41 +0000

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 10:09 PM, Javier Marcet <jmarcet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> All right. But is it normal that it does not work under the dom0?
>>
>> No. PV domU and PV dom0 are pretty much the same in the way of handling
>> interrupts, ports, etc.
>>
>> If you crank up the debug level of the kernel (debug loglevel=8) and
>> of the driver do you get anything obvious? What about the questions
>> I've asked?
>
> Booting with 'debug loglevel=8' as kernel parameters I still get no errors or
> warnings anywhere.
>
> I'm out of ideas and I don't have any other PCIe tuner card to try.
>
> It is looking more and more as a cx23885 (the module the card uses) issue.
> It is really odd since I you get some data, but just like if there was very
> poor reception, more noise than signal.
>
> If you can think of some other way to debug this, I'll try it.

I've just realized that I have quite a lot of debug options in the dvb
driver. Right
now I have one tuner in use, but when it finishes (or tomorrow) I'll enable some
debug output in the dvb subsystem and the cx23885 module in particular and
see whether I can get some more info.

Even so, if you deem worth checking something else, I'm open to try anything.

--
Javier Marcet <jmarcet@xxxxxxxxx>