Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.2.0-rc4 issues with DVB tuner

  • To: Javier Marcet <jmarcet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 16:47:40 -0400
  • Cc: Xen Devel Mailing list <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 20:48:14 +0000

> I replaced the problematic (due to BIOS bugs) GigaByte motherboard with
> an ASRock Z77M-Pro4 and the difference is awesome. All the issues I had
> with the IOMMU, ACPI and ASPM are gone.
>
> I still have to pass the intel_iommu=igfx_off kernel parameter or I continue
> to see lots of DMAR errors for the first couple of seconds after booting
> and I can´t use the DVB tuners either.
>
> This last point is a showstopper for me and I don´t know where the
> problem might come from. The cx23885 module (which my tuners use)
> loads fine, as do the devices under /dev/dvb. Upon tuning a channel,
> however, there is not data received.
>
> Does anyone have the slightest idea what might be causing this?

Are there any warnings or such being printed? Are the interrupts increasing?
Does lspci show anything 'disabled' in the guest?

> I wonder whether it would work within a DomU with the PCIe tuner
> passed through.

I've a 4 channel security card passed in and it works nicely. The
trick is that you need 'iommu=soft' on the domU command line.