[Xen-devel] Xen 4.2.0-rc4 issues with DVB tuner

  • To: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Javier Marcet <jmarcet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 14:01:30 +0200
  • Cc: Xen Devel Mailing list <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 12:02:31 +0000

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 6:33 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,
> I've just upgraded a server of mine from a Core i3 2100T to an i7 3770, in order
> to do full virtualization with VTd.
>
> I'm using kernel 3.5.2 and Xen from git://xenbits.xen.org/xen.git @ commit
> 37d7ccdc2f50d659f1eb8ec11ee4bf8a8376926d (Fri Aug 24).
>
> Since there are various issues I'm gonna comment on them all. I'd appreciate
> if you help me deciding which bug reports to file, and where to file them.

Its easier if there are seperate emails and then we can track them
step-by-step.

> Upon booting under the xen virtualizer everything works fine but I cannot
> suspend the machine and I have reception problems on the DVB-T tuners

Right. The suspend (well, the resume part) is not yet working.
> installed on the system.

That sounds familiar - but without more details its a bit unclear.

I replaced the problematic (due to BIOS bugs) GigaByte motherboard with
an ASRock Z77M-Pro4 and the difference is awesome. All the issues I had
with the IOMMU, ACPI and ASPM are gone.

I still have to pass theÂintel_iommu=igfx_off kernel parameter or I continue
to see lots of DMAR errors for the first couple of seconds after booting
and I canÂt use the DVB tuners either.

This last point is a showstopper for me and I donÂt know where the
problem might come from. The cx23885 module (which my tuners use)
loads fine, as do the devices under /dev/dvb. Upon tuning a channel,
however, there is not data received.

Does anyone have the slightest idea what might be causing this?

I wonder whether it would work within a DomU with the PCIe tuner
passed through.

--
Javier Marcet <jmarcet@xxxxxxxxx>