Re: [Xen-devel] Kernel crash with acpi_processor, cpu_idle and intel_idle =y

> > > So.. in that case make sure you have XEN_ACPI_PROCESSOR=y and
> > > "CONFIG_INTEL_IDLE is not set" and that should do it.
> >
> > Didn't he say that with INTEL_IDLE disabled things work (perhaps
> > in a limited way, but at least don't crash)? My understanding is
> > that things should work even with it enabled, and I was under the
> > impression that you had already taken care of disabling cpuidle
> > and cpufreq in the kernel when running on Xen...
>
> So did I - both of those (cpufreq and cpuidle) are disabled.
>
> Mark, any chance you can collect the serial output when it crashes
> please? Actually, can you get the whole bootup log with 'loglevel=8
> debug' on the Linux command line?

The sad part is that I don't have physical access to the box, the good
part is that I do have KVM and IPMI (SOL) access.

This is what I could capture:

http://i.imgur.com/t66FM.png

Note: this crash only occurs with Xen, not when I boot it natively.

Does it tell you anything, or should I find a way to grab more output?
I can login via SSH to the IPMI console but unfortunately it emulates a
small screen, if you know how I can get it to not do that and just use
my current width/height I'm happy to hear it.

The relevant kernel config file is here:
http://pastebin.com/G4hR9rB9

Then, in response to your previous message Konrad about
CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR_AGGREGATOR, note that this is not set.

> If you unset that ("# CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR_AGGREGATOR is not set")
> that should allow MWAIT and lower states to be reached by the
> hypervisor.

I am not sure where MWAIT is, lower than C3 I suppose. In any case, the
output of the xenpm commands in my first email of this topic are on a
kernel without CONFIG_ACPI_PROCESSOR_AGGREGATOR.

So on a working kernel (i.e. without intel_idle), here is the output of
xl dmesg when booted with 'cpufreq=verbose':

http://pastebin.com/WuaLVFLG

Here is the output of 'dmesg' on Linux:

http://pastebin.com/kq1qVWv5

Stay in touch,