Re: [Xen-devel] PCI hotplug related issues

>>> On 05.06.12 at 20:01, Anil Rao <anil.rao@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> After encountering this problem, I was afraid that only VM-level hotplug is
> supported by Xen (and not true hotplug at the host-level). Can someone kindly
> confirm that this is the case? Our current effort depends on host-level
> hotplug of a PCI device that can (later) be assigned (hotplugged) to a
> running VM, so a definitive answer will help us to avoid going down the wrong
> path.

That is not a proper statement - host side holtplug is still supported,
just that currently it may need to happen before the target VM gets
created. Overcoming limitations like this is certainly desirable, but will
obviously require someone to actually invest work - the question
would hence be whether, given that you're interested in this feature
and posted on xen-devel, you wouldn't also want to look into
addressing this (provided my brief analysis of the situation is correct
at all).

Jan