Re: [Xen-devel] xen live migration falied

>>> On 06.06.12 at 09:00, elahe shekuhi <e.shekuhi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have setup Xen 4.1.2 on OpenSuse 12.1. It is running fine so far, but live
> migration does not work. While the source host works on the "xm migrate -l
> ..." command, I can see the VM on the target host in paused state in "xm
> list", but after a while it vanishes while the xm command on the source
> machine returns whitout any errors.

Does the guest crash perhaps? In which case a kernel log from it
might turn out pretty useful. As would technical data (rather than
a simple "does not work") in the first place (hypervisor, xend, and
Dom0 kernel logs are all possible candidates for holding relevant
information).

> (One machine has core i7 processor while another is core 2
> quad system).

Does migration fail in both directions? Or perhaps just from the
newer to the older system (in which case I would guess you're
not masking features properly on the newer one)?

Jan