Re: [Xen-devel] PCI hotplug related issues

>>> On 04.06.12 at 21:00, Anil Rao <anil.rao@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A) Does Xen support case 1 (hotplugging a PCI device to a running VM that
> was powered-on before the device was added to
>     the host)?

As far as I'm aware, only hotplug from the perspective of the guest
is really supported/tested.

But the issue here really seems less Xen related, but more towards
libpci behavior (as according to qemu this is where the device isn't
known). As that's a component Xen/qemu-dm simply builds upon,
failure there (e.g. lack of hotplug awareness) would surface as a
Xen misbehavior. Quickly going through the list of provided symbols
of libpci.so doesn't show anything that looks hotplug related (e.g.
some sort of notification registration). But of course it's possible
that I'm overlooking something here, and that in fact qemu-dm's
interaction with libpci is simply incomplete.

Jan