Re: [Xen-devel] xHCI not waking up from D3 after S3 Resume on Ivybridge

Am Montag, 19. März 2012, 14:32:01 schrieb Tom Goetz:
> > The e1000e is also MSI?
>
> Yes. The e1000e getting the xHCI's wake ups is only on one machine. I assume
> thats a BIOS bug. The broad based issue is that on two manufacturers
> Ivybridge plus an Intel SDP Ivybridge, xHCI will not wake up from D3 when a
> USB device is plugged in.
>
> > In
> > other words the issues you are having is that the MSI after resume are
> > not delivered - but some are ?
>
> Only D3 wake ups (ACPI and PME) are not being delivered. If I change the
> runtime power policy for the device from "auto" to "on" xHCI works fine.

This indicates that xhci is not turned into a sources for wakeups
because the device is already asleep and suspend() won't be
called twice.

Does it work if you suspend with a device for which autosuspend isn't on?

        Regards
                Oliver