Re: [Xen-devel] Resume not working on 2nd gen Core i5

On 23.02.2012 19:03, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 06:39:29PM +0100, Joanna Rutkowska wrote:

>>> What I meant to say - please try it out with those patches. It might that
>>> you
>>> are hitting on one of the Intel bugs of the video adapter that I think
>>> are mostly fixed in the upstream kernel.
>>
>> So, you're saying those (presumed) bugs a fixed only in the pvops, and
>> not in xenlinux?
>
> I am saying that they are fixed in 3.x kernels.

(the same hardware)
On 2.6.38.3 xenlinux kernel after resume there is screen content from before
suspend, power led light constantly (as it should), but system is
irresponsible (no capslock led, no reaction to sysrq, network etc).
On 3.x with your patches system goes into S3, but on resume is even worse - no
screen content at all (and no backlight) and also irresponsible, power led
still blinking. As 3.x tried:
 - your devel/acpi-s3.v7 branch directly
 - 3.2.7 merged with devel/acpi-s3.v7
 - 3.3-rc4 with devel/acpi-s3.v7