Re: [Xen-devel] After switching from "xm" to "xl" toolstack, can't get Guest networking to work.

On Tue, 2012-01-24 at 21:44 +0000, erin.balid@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Ian.
>
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2012, at 09:20 PM, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > > I can't figure out how to get xl to output to a xend-debug.log (xm does,
> > > as expected).
> >
> > They should be going to /var/log/xen/xen-hotplug.
>
> Not a peep in there.  Not even a there, there.
>
>  xl create test.cfg
>
>  ls -al /var/log/xen/xen-hotplug
>   ls: cannot access /var/log/xen/xen-hotplug: No such file or directory

My mistake, it is /var/log/xen/xen-hotplug.log.

> > So, presumably either the xenstore_read_default is failing or domu is
> > zero length and the script is explicitly bailing here.
> >
> > However I do not see anything like this anywhere in the hotplug script
> > shipped with Xen. Either this is a local modification
>
> I haven't made any local modifications.  At least not intentionally.
>
> Here's the vif-bridge script ==> http://pastebin.com/9nHESsqS

Seems to read domu and abort if it is not there but subsequently never
makes any use of the variable.

Anyway it seems that SuSE are on the case so I will leave this thread
here.