Re: [Xen-devel] After switching from "xm" to "xl" toolstack, can't get Guest networking to work.

Hi Jim.

Thanks for chiming in.

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012, at 04:13 PM, Jim Fehlig wrote:
> > http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-features/2011-03/msg00212.html
>
> A mailing list to discuss openSUSE features, not an authoritative
> resource on functionality in any given openSUSE release...

It's been a big challenge finding anything that IS "an authoritative
resource on functionality" for Xen in Opensuse.

Where is the Opensuse-specific and Up-to-Date Xen documentation?  I
guess we cant rely on xen.org docs for Opensuse's Xen?  Is it not really
closely tied to the xen-devel project then?

> Well, our plan was to switch to xl/libxl in openSUSE12.1, but we
> switched back to the legacy toolstack before 12.1 released.  In the end,
> we didn't have time to ensure xl/libxl was baked enough serve as a
> replacement for xm/xend, let alone ensuring the tools consuming libxl
> (e.g. libvirt) were feature parity with the legacy toolstack
> counterparts.  Hopefully we will have time to do this during
> openSUSE12.2 development cycle.
>
> BTW, I can reproduce your problem and will take a look as time permits.

Okay, so that looks like the answer here.  At the moment, it doesn't
work on Opensuse.  Thanks for verifying you can reproduce it and looking
into it more.

That leaves me back at my earlier question -- What are good docs for Xen
on Opensuse?  I've wasted a lot of time - mine and other people's -
doing what I was told (RTFM!) just to find out that 'real' Xen manual is
the wrong one.

Regards,

Erin