Re: [Xen-devel] question about i915 driver in dom0

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 06:47:44AM +0000, Tian, Kevin wrote:
> Hi, Konrad

Hey!

Sorry for taking so long to respond. Holidays.

> wiki page
> (http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenPVOPSDRM.html#head-4da1a90049716207b9c672fd78187b0c77767be0)
> says that "i915_hangcheck_eplased" error observed with i915 driver.
>
> Do you have a latest update on this issue? Is it still the outstanding issue,
> or fixed in
> recent kernels?

I hadn't seen it... but then my main desktop box where I run intensive
tests (ie, games) is radeon and nvidia so hadn't really tried seen this.
The box that has i915 just does some simple framebuffer manipulation and
that looks OK.

> I'm using Linux 3.2-rc4, with same error observed when trying to launch
> glxgear. So
> want to understand whether it's due to my kernel version, or config option...
> :-)

Do you see the same symptoms - checkboard screen?

The LKML had some fixes for this from Keith Packard. Something about
using i915.semaphores=0 I think. And I thought I saw some fixes for
3.2-rc7 for this but not sure..