Re: [Xen-devel] question about i915 driver in dom0

good season for relax. :-)

> > wiki page
> (http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenPVOPSDRM.html#head-4da1a9004971
> 6207b9c672fd78187b0c77767be0)
> > says that "i915_hangcheck_eplased" error observed with i915 driver.
> >
> > Do you have a latest update on this issue? Is it still the outstanding
> > issue, or
> fixed in
> > recent kernels?
>
> I hadn't seen it... but then my main desktop box where I run intensive
> tests (ie, games) is radeon and nvidia so hadn't really tried seen this.
> The box that has i915 just does some simple framebuffer manipulation and
> that looks OK.

yes, framebuffer console works well in my side too.

> > I'm using Linux 3.2-rc4, with same error observed when trying to launch
> glxgear. So
> > want to understand whether it's due to my kernel version, or config
> option... :-)
>
> Do you see the same symptoms - checkboard screen?

Not exactly. The screen becomes white, and then the system becomes
unstable and hang several minutes later. It's possible that mine is a
different issue than listed on the wiki page, since many reasons may
finally reach the same symptom - GPU hang... :/

> The LKML had some fixes for this from Keith Packard. Something about
> using i915.semaphores=0 I think. And I thought I saw some fixes for
> 3.2-rc7 for this but not sure..

I'll have a try on latest Linux on this. But I suspect that this may be a
virtualization specific bug (e.g. similar gfn/mfn issue as nvidia case),
because same dom0 image could run glxgear smoothly on bare metal.

Thanks
Kevin