Re: [Xen-devel] libxl: error: libxl.c:2150:libxl_set_memory_target new target 0 for dom0 is below the minimum threshold

On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 11:46 +0000, Teck Choon Giam wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 11:30 +0000, Teck Choon Giam wrote:

> >> Sorry, I am actually not sure what ID you are asking :(
> >>
> >> Changesets details as below:
> >>
> >> changeset:   23110:4d5c76248de3
> >
> > The "23110" bit here is only locally relevant to the repo you are
> > looking at so you cannot reliably identify a changeset to someone else
> > using that number. Only the "4d5c76248de3" is a global identifier and
> > can therefore be exchanged.
>
> Understood :)
>

> >> user:        Roger Pau Monne <roger.pau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >> date:        Sat Jul 23 09:01:25 2011 +0100
> >> summary:     xend: remove PCI device listing from NetBSD, since it's Linux
> >>
> >> changeset:   23190:5a00ccfc6391
> >> user:        Stefano Stabellini <stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >> date:        Fri Nov 18 13:38:05 2011 +0000
> >> summary:     x86: re-inject emulated level pirqs in PV on HVM guests
> >> if still asserted
> >

> > Unfortunately I still don't see anything relevant between these
> > changesets so I've no idea why this seems to be a new issue. Are you
> > _positive_ that you didn't change anything else about your system
> > configuration on upgrade?
>
> I don't change settings once it is deployed and in production use for
> xen servers.  In fact, all will be identical just the amount of memory
> to allocate to dom0 are different depending on the server total amount
> of RAM.

The message is (I think) triggered based on the %age of memory allocated
to dom0 so if different machines are different sizes and therefore have
different thresholds that might explain why it is only seen sometimes.

> > That sounds like a bug, there's no need to wait for an rc release to
> > report a bug.
>
> I think I reported once before... let see... here:
> http://old-list-archives.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2011-04/msg00972.html

I'm sorry this appears to have slipped under the radar at the time. I
think it would be worth reposting in a new thread.

Ian.